Brooks Pierce Law Firm has an immediate opening for an experienced Director of Recruiting and Professional Development. Brooks Pierce is a business law firm providing strategic counsel and innovative solutions to clients coast-to-coast and around the world. The firm is composed of 100 attorneys located in offices in Greensboro, Raleigh, and Wilmington, North Carolina. The position will be based in either Raleigh or Greensboro, depending on the successful candidate’s preference.
We offer a strong benefits package that includes a generous PTO allotment, two medical and dental plans, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid parking, a 401K match, and a collegial working environment.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Director of Recruiting and Professional Development is a dynamic role within the firm responsible for all aspects of attorney recruiting and fostering creative professional development opportunities for the firm’s associate attorneys. The Director will have the opportunity to work closely with the firm’s Director of Diversity and Inclusion. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting: Responsible for all aspects of attorney recruitment, including the summer associate program, new associate hiring and lateral recruiting, and developing and implementing the recruiting strategy in consultation with the Recruiting Committee and Management Committee.
- Professional Development: Responsible for associate and of counsel attorney training and development, in coordination with the Associates Committee. Oversees the onboarding process of new attorney hires.
- Providing Supervision: Responsible for supervising and leveraging the skills of the Recruiting Coordinator to ensure recruiting and professional development needs are met.
- BA/BS Degree
- 5 or more years of experience in law firm recruiting, professional development, and/or law school career development
- Knowledge of law firm operations
- A strategic and creative thinker with sound judgment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with an ability to work effectively with professionals at all levels of seniority
- Ability to meet competing deadlines, which are assigned from various stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively, and with poise, in a high pressure environment