Brooks Pierce has been named a “Highly Recommended” law firm in North Carolina in the 2016 edition of Benchmark Litigation, the only publication to focus exclusively on litigation firms and attorneys. In addition to the firm-wide ranking, 10 Brooks Pierce partners were named as either a “Local Litigation Star” or a “Future Star.”
“Complex business litigation is at the heart of what Brooks Pierce does. We handle complex and challenging cases. Many of them present new issues, and they often set precedents,” said Ed Winslow, the firm’s managing partner. “Brooks Pierce is home to excellent litigators and we are very pleased to have our achievements recognized by Benchmark Litigation.”
The Brooks Pierce partners recognized as “Local Litigation Stars” were:
- Jimmy Adams for General Commercial
- Kearns Davis for White Collar Crime/Enforcements/Investigations
- John Ormand for Employment and Personal Injury
- Gary Parsons for Insurance, Product Liability, Securities, Environmental and Business
- Reid Phillips for Antitrust, General Commercial, Intellectual Property, Personal Injury, and Securities
- Jim Phillips for General Commercial and Intellectual Property
- Mark Prak for First Amendment, General Commercial and Intellectual Property
- Jim Williams for Antitrust, General Commercial and Securities
Firm partners Bob King and Jennifer Van Zant were also recognized as “Future Stars.” Van Zant was also recognized as one of the top 250 women in litigation.
Benchmark Litigation serves as the definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys. Rankings are based on a six-month period where Benchmark researchers conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients to identify the leaders in litigation. More information on the guide’s methodology can be found at https://www.benchmarklitigation.com/firms/brooks-pierce-mclendon-humphrey-and-leonard/f-301#/analysis.