This week, Governor Roy Cooper issued Executive Order 169 moving North Carolina to Phase 3.0 COVID-19 restrictions. The new Order is effective Oct. 2, 2020 at 5 p.m. through 5 p.m. on Oct. 23, 2020.
Highlights of the new Order include:
- Large outdoor venues with seating greater than 10,000 may operate with 7% occupancy for spectators.
- Smaller outdoor entertainment venues, like arenas or amphitheaters, may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Movie theaters and conference centers may open indoor spaces to 30% of capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Bars may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
- Amusement parks may open at 30% occupancy, outdoor attractions only.
What remains the same under Phase 3?
- The limits on mass gatherings will remain at 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
- The 11 p.m. curfew on alcohol sales for in-person consumption in locations such as restaurants and outdoor bars remains.
- Indoor seating areas in bars remain closed.
- Indoor rides at amusement parks remain closed.
- Fitness and exercise facilities remain open, subject to reduced capacity limits and other requirements.
- Restaurants remain subject to capacity limits and other requirements for in-person dining.
- Personal care businesses such as hair salons, nail salons, barber shops and more remain subject to capacity limits and other requirements.
- Museums and aquariums remain open, subject to reduced capacity limits and other requirements.
- Face coverings are still required in public when it is not possible to maintain social distancing from non-household members. In Phase 3, this requirement applies to any public place or business, indoor or outdoor.
FAQs for Phase 3.0 requirements may be accessed at this link.
If you have questions, please contact Alex Elkan or Ed Turlington, linked below.
Brooks Pierce is dedicated to keeping our clients fully informed during the COVID-19 crisis. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Response Resources page.