Seven Brooks Pierce attorneys will present on various topics at the University of North Carolina’s (UNC) upcoming 2020 Festival of Legal Learning. The event will be held Feb. 7 and 8 at UNC’s Friday Center.
The Festival is designed to build basics, sharpen skills, provide perspectives and highlight new developments in the field of law with over 100 sessions offered on topics including technology, ethics/professional responsibility and substance abuse/mental health. The annual event allows attorneys to earn 12 hours of CLE credit.
The Brooks Pierce attorneys presenting at the 2020 Festival of Legal Learning are:
- Julia Ambrose and Tim Nelson presenting “Recent Developments in the Law of Television and Radio Broadcasting: 2019 Year in Review”
- Kearns Davis presenting “An Introduction to Closing Arguments”
- Ryan Fairchild presenting “Esports: Emerging Legal Issues in an Exploding Industry” (co-presenting with Brandon Huffman of Odin Law & Media)
- Shana Fulton presenting “The Ethical Dilemmas of Investigations”
- Gary Parsons presenting “Ethics Update for In-House Counsel: Privilege, Confidentiality and Compliance”
- Ed West presenting “The Organization as Client: RPC 1.13 and the Duty to ‘Go Up the Ladder’”
For more information on this event, visit the Festival’s website.