Innovative Trial Advocacy
Brooks Pierce attorneys solve complex problems. When those problems require litigation, they respond through their vigorous, creative, efficient, skilled, and committed trial practice.
With Brooks Pierce attorneys on your side, you know you are partnering with a team of highly skilled advocates with experience in a variety of areas, such as banking, employment law, real estate, complex business issues, and white collar crime, among others. We bring our combined knowledge and skills to bear on every case, combing over and analyzing every potential issue to develop the strategy that we believe will bring our clients the most satisfying outcome.
Wide Range of Clients. Brooks Pierce represents all types of businesses from start-ups to large corporations; including high-tech research firms, transportation and utilities companies, construction and manufacturing companies, retail establishments, and media and communications companies. We have also represented individual professional accountants, lawyers, and doctors against malpractice claims, and advocated for governmental and municipal units. Our white collar criminal defense and investigation practices continue to grow.
Vast Experience. We have tremendous litigation experience, and are happy to discuss what we have accomplished relative to your industry and issue. That said, some recent representative experience includes:
- Garnered a successful jury verdict against a leading furniture manufacturer from wrongful termination of a dealer agreement
- Defeated claims related to insurance coverage in state court after nine-day jury trial
- Obtained $4 million judgment in federal court for seller of corporate assets in dispute over earn-out provision
- Represented a client in a breach of fiduciary duty and receivership matter to successful resolution in the North Carolina Business Court
- Defended an entrepreneur against a large multinational corporation asserting intellectual property claims in the Middle District of North Carolina
- Successfully represented a banking client in a matter involving an industry-wide important business principle
Our litigation attorneys include former judicial law clerks for the US Supreme Court, the NC Supreme Court, the NC Business Court, and various federal district courts. We thrive on novel issues and precedent-setting situations, and no case is too complex for our skilled litigators.
We invite you to read the rating of our litigation practice offered by Chambers USA, who ranks us as "Band 1" in North Carolina, writing "Widely acknowledged to be one of the leading litigation teams in the state, offering advice on complex commercial cases, as well as white-collar crime matters..."